Sökning: "material culture"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 583 avhandlingar innehållade orden material culture.
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : The Center for the History of Science at the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences
Sammanfattning : The thesis portrays the role of Hedwig Eleonora (1636-1715) dowager queen of Sweden, born princess of Schleswig-Holstein-Gottorf, as a patron and collector. Her role is analysed as to have played a great part in the Swedish cultural political visual production before and during the age of absolutism in the late seventeenth and early eighteenth-century. LÄS MER
2. Breaking and Making Bodies and Pots Material and Ritual Practices in Sweden in the Third Millennium BCDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Department of Archaeology and Ancient History
Sammanfattning : In South Sweden the third millennium BC is characterised by coastal settlements of marine hunter-gatherers known as the Pitted Ware culture, and inland settlements of the Battle Axe culture. This thesis outlines the history of research of the Middle Neolithic B in general and that of the pottery and burial practices in particular. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Huddinge : Södertörns högskola
Sammanfattning : The Iron Curtain was seen as the divider between East and West in Cold War Europe. The term is closely connected to the Cold War and expressions such as ‘behind the Iron Curtain’ or ‘after the fall of the Iron Curtain’ are common within historical discussions in the second half of the twentieth century. LÄS MER
4. Culture and Transmission : The Technological and Cultural Reach of International Syndicated RadioDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Institutionen för journalistik, medier och kommunikation (JMK)
Sammanfattning : The aim of this dissertation is to study the technological and cultural reach of internationally syndicated radio from the vantage point of the radio programme Solid Steel between 2000 and 2006. Solid Steel is a weekly two-hour music show originally produced and aired in London but today also broadcast by a large number of stations around the world, as well as via the Internet. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Faculty of Engineering and Department of Design Sciences, Lund University
Sammanfattning : A new paradigm is slowly making its way into society, affecting our material practice as designers. Materials selection in design and product development has for a long time been dominated by a purely technical approach, mainly focusing on properties and performance. LÄS MER