Sökning: "small bowel cancer"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 23 avhandlingar innehållade orden small bowel cancer.
- Detta är en avhandling från Maria Planck, Department of Oncology, Lund University Hospital, SE-221 85 Lund, Sweden
Sammanfattning : This thesis focuses on one of the most common types of hereditary cancer, hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancer (HNPCC). This syndrome is characterized by an autosomal dominant inheritance, an increased risk for several types of cancer (especially cancer of the colorectum, small bowel, endometrium, ovary and urinary tract), early age at diagnosis, and frequent development of multiple primary malignancies. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Lund University: Faculty of Medicine
Sammanfattning : Locally advanced inextirpable gastrointestinal cancer has poor prognosis and is associated with high morbidity. One treatment option is to use radiotherapy, often combined with chemotherapy (chemoradiation), either as preoperative treatment to facilitate surgery or in the palliative setting to relieve symptoms. LÄS MER
3. Tumors associated with Hereditary Nonpolyposis Colorectal Cancer: Defective Mismatch Repair and Familial Risk of CancerDetta är en avhandling från Department of Oncology, Clinical Sciences, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Inactivation of the DNA mismatch repair (MMR) system is a tumorigenic mechanism involved in 15-20% of tumor types such as colorectal and endometrial cancer and is specifically associated with the Hereditary Nonpolyposis Colorectal Cancer (HNPCC) syndrome. These MMR defective tumors are characterized by microsatellite instability (MSI), a phenomenon that reflects alterations in length of repeated sequences, and 90% of MSI tumors show loss of immunohistochemical expression for the MMR protein affected. LÄS MER
4. Comparative Treatment Planning in Radiotherapy and Clinical Impact of Proton Relative Biological EffectivenessDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The development of new irradiation techniques is presently a very active field of research with increased availability of more sophisticated modalities such as intensity modulated photons (IMRT), protons and light ions. The primary aim of this work is to evaluate if the dose-distributions using IMRT and protons contribute to clinical advantages. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Cell Pathology
Sammanfattning : Cysteinyl leukotrienes (LTC4, LTD4 and LTE4) are potent pro-inflammatory lipids derived from arachidonic acid and mediate their effect through CysLT1R and CysLT2R. There is a strong correlation between long-standing inflammatory bowel disease where these pro-inflammatory mediators are abundant and colorectal cancer. LÄS MER