Sökning: "colon cancer"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 236 avhandlingar innehållade orden colon cancer.
- Detta är en avhandling från Lund University: Faculty of Medicine
Sammanfattning : Locally advanced inextirpable gastrointestinal cancer has poor prognosis and is associated with high morbidity. One treatment option is to use radiotherapy, often combined with chemotherapy (chemoradiation), either as preoperative treatment to facilitate surgery or in the palliative setting to relieve symptoms. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Maria Planck, Department of Oncology, Lund University Hospital, SE-221 85 Lund, Sweden
Sammanfattning : This thesis focuses on one of the most common types of hereditary cancer, hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancer (HNPCC). This syndrome is characterized by an autosomal dominant inheritance, an increased risk for several types of cancer (especially cancer of the colorectum, small bowel, endometrium, ovary and urinary tract), early age at diagnosis, and frequent development of multiple primary malignancies. LÄS MER
3. Mismatch Repair Deficient Cancer Diagnostic Aspects in Colorectal Cancer and the Role of Urological Cancer in Lynch SyndromeDetta är en avhandling från Department of Oncology, Clinical Sciences, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Mismatch repair (MMR) deficiency is carcinogenic and can either have somatic/sporadic causes (i.e. epigenetic silencing or somatic inactivation) or hereditary causes (Lynch syndrome due to a germline mutation in one of the MMR genes ¬- MLH1, MSH2, MSH6, PMS2). LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Karlstad : Karlstads universitet
Sammanfattning : Macrophages are cells of the innate immune system that can be found in large quantities in cancer tumors and affect cancer progression by regulating growth and invasiveness of cancer cells. There are two main phenotypes of macrophages denoted M1 and M2. LÄS MER
5. Tumors associated with Hereditary Nonpolyposis Colorectal Cancer: Defective Mismatch Repair and Familial Risk of CancerDetta är en avhandling från Department of Oncology, Clinical Sciences, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Inactivation of the DNA mismatch repair (MMR) system is a tumorigenic mechanism involved in 15-20% of tumor types such as colorectal and endometrial cancer and is specifically associated with the Hereditary Nonpolyposis Colorectal Cancer (HNPCC) syndrome. These MMR defective tumors are characterized by microsatellite instability (MSI), a phenomenon that reflects alterations in length of repeated sequences, and 90% of MSI tumors show loss of immunohistochemical expression for the MMR protein affected. LÄS MER