Sökning: "Multiple Tumors"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 142 avhandlingar innehållade orden Multiple Tumors.
1. Tumors associated with Hereditary Nonpolyposis Colorectal Cancer: Defective Mismatch Repair and Familial Risk of CancerDetta är en avhandling från Department of Oncology, Clinical Sciences, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Inactivation of the DNA mismatch repair (MMR) system is a tumorigenic mechanism involved in 15-20% of tumor types such as colorectal and endometrial cancer and is specifically associated with the Hereditary Nonpolyposis Colorectal Cancer (HNPCC) syndrome. These MMR defective tumors are characterized by microsatellite instability (MSI), a phenomenon that reflects alterations in length of repeated sequences, and 90% of MSI tumors show loss of immunohistochemical expression for the MMR protein affected. LÄS MER
2. Genetic factors in childhood cancer. Associations between tumors in childhood and adulthood, and prevalence of germline TP53 mutationsDetta är en avhandling från Department of Oncology, Clinical Sciences, Lund University
Sammanfattning : The etiology of childhood cancer is largely unknown. Approximately 1-10% of all childhood tumors are associated with known cancer predisposition syndromes. However, the contribution may be underestimated due to the failure to detect patients with genetic susceptibility for cancer when relying on known family pattern and anomalies. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Pancreatic endocrine tumors (PETs) occur sporadically or in the familial multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1 (MEN1) syndrome, whereas midgut carcinoids are nonfamilial, malignant endocrine tumors of the intestine. For these tumor entities morphological criteria are of limited use for prognostic prediction and selection of treatment. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Department of Surgical Science
Sammanfattning : Adrenocortical cancer is a rare tumor form. However, adrenal tumors are today often found incidentally when using imaging techniques on the upper abdomen and should then be investigated. With the advance in molecular understanding of cancer new approaches to manage the disease may become available. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Glioblastoma multiforme (GBM) is the most common primary brain tumor in the central nervous system and the prognosis is very poor despite conventional therapies including surgery, chemo- and radiotherapy. Peripheral vaccination with irradiated tumor cells represent a novel therapy that targets both dividing and non-dividing tumor cells and minimizes the risk of therapy resistance by presenting multiple tumor antigens. LÄS MER