Sökning: "Cancer of the Small Intestine"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 19 avhandlingar innehållade orden Cancer of the Small Intestine.
1. Tumors associated with Hereditary Nonpolyposis Colorectal Cancer: Defective Mismatch Repair and Familial Risk of CancerDetta är en avhandling från Department of Oncology, Clinical Sciences, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Inactivation of the DNA mismatch repair (MMR) system is a tumorigenic mechanism involved in 15-20% of tumor types such as colorectal and endometrial cancer and is specifically associated with the Hereditary Nonpolyposis Colorectal Cancer (HNPCC) syndrome. These MMR defective tumors are characterized by microsatellite instability (MSI), a phenomenon that reflects alterations in length of repeated sequences, and 90% of MSI tumors show loss of immunohistochemical expression for the MMR protein affected. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå universitet
Sammanfattning : In spite of the fact that prostate cancer is the most common male cancer in both Sweden and many other countries in the developed world, little is known of risk factors and predisposing conditions. The only well recognized risk factors are age, race and familial aggregation. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Cell Pathology
Sammanfattning : Cysteinyl leukotrienes (LTC4, LTD4 and LTE4) are potent pro-inflammatory lipids derived from arachidonic acid and mediate their effect through CysLT1R and CysLT2R. There is a strong correlation between long-standing inflammatory bowel disease where these pro-inflammatory mediators are abundant and colorectal cancer. LÄS MER
4. Multiparametric MRI for evaluation of tumour treatment response Studies of 177Lu-octreotate therapy of neuroendocrine tumourDetta är en avhandling från Cell Pathology
Sammanfattning : Clinical assessment of tumour response to treatment largely relies on estimates of tumour size by, e.g., measuring the largest tumour diameters on magnetic resonance (MR) or computed tomography (CT) images, weeks or months after treatment. LÄS MER
5. Novel Circulating and Tissue Biomarkers for Small Intestine Neuroendocrine Tumors and Lung CarcinoidsDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Small intestine neuroendocrine tumors (SI-NETs) and lung carcinoids (LCs) are relatively indolent tumors, which originate from neuroendocrine (NE) cells of the diffuse NE system. Metastases can spread before diagnosis. Thus, potential cures become unavailable, which entitles new biomarker development. LÄS MER