Sökning: "small bowel cancer"
Visar resultat 6 - 10 av 23 avhandlingar innehållade orden small bowel cancer.
6. Cancer of the Colon and Rectum Population Based Survival Analysis and Study on Adverse Effects of Radiation Therapy for Rectal CancerDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The Swedish Cancer Register was used to determine the relative survival rate in colon and rectal cancer and to estimate the occurrence of second cancers related to radiation therapy for rectal cancer. The Swedish Hospital Discharge Register and hospital records were used to estimate the rate of late adverse effects due to radiation therapy for rectal cancer. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Melatonin is recognised as the pineal hormone regulating sleep and circadian rhythm. It has also been identified in peripheral tissues (mainly in animals) and thought to display a variety of actions, including anti-inflammatory properties, regulation of gastrointestinal (GI) functions, glucose homeostasis and beneficial effects in different tumour types. LÄS MER
8. Towards restoring intestinal health after pelvic radiotherapy - Lessons from dietary fiber intervention in a novel mouse modelDetta är en avhandling från Göteborgs universitet
Sammanfattning : Patients who have cancer in the pelvic region are at risk of developing gastrointestinal symptoms for weeks, months, or even years after receiving radiotherapy. These symptoms are triggered due to unwanted radiation-induced damage to surrounding non-cancerous tissues, resulting in the disruption of normal physiological functions. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Göteborgs universitet
Sammanfattning : Liver cirrhosis is the end-stage of many different chronic liver diseases. Limited data exists on the epidemiology, natural history and complications of liver cirrhosis such as esophageal varices and malignancies in the Nordic countries after the discovery of hepatitis C (HCV). LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Lund University: Faculty of Medicine
Sammanfattning : Background and aims: Radiotherapy is a valid treatment in cancer multimodal management but it is affected by severe systemic and local side effects. A murine small bowel model was used for the investigation of inflammatory features and apoptosis of local radiotherapy. LÄS MER