Sökning: "older migrants"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 7 avhandlingar innehållade orden older migrants.
- Detta är en avhandling från Göteborg
Sammanfattning : .... LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköping University Electronic Press
Sammanfattning : ldentity research in relation to ethnicity and migration has tended to focus an younger people whilst identity research in relation to ageing and old(er) age has not focused an migrants. This inadvertent mutual neglect has led to a lack of identity research that examines the identity categories of old(er) age and migrancy together, a lacuna that this dissertation aims to redress. LÄS MER
3. Caring (in) Diaspora: Aging and Caring Experiences of Older Turkish Migrants in a Swedish ContextDetta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköping University Electronic Press
Sammanfattning : This thesis investigates Turkish migrants’ aging experiences and their understandings about care by concentrating on the accounts of a group of first-generation Turkish immigrants who settled in Sweden in the late 1960s and early 1970s. The aim is to explore how older immigrants’ lives have been marked by the experience of migration and re-establishment in another country, how the impact of having once lost caring relations affected their decisions and desires about care in old age. LÄS MER
4. Mental health and employment amongst persons who resettled in Sweden in 1993 1994 due to the war in Bosnia HerzegovinaDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Department of Clinical Neuroscience
Sammanfattning : General aim: To explore employment and mental health among people from Bosnia-Herzegovina who came to Sweden in 1993-1994 due to the war. Hypotheses: 1) poor mental health is a barrier to employment; 2) exclusion from the labour market can lead to psychosocial stress. Methods: All data were collected from Oct 2001 to March 2002. LÄS MER
5. Capturing the experience of health among persons aging in a migration context - Health promotion interventions as means to enable health and occupations in daily lifeDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Department of Clinical Neuroscience
Sammanfattning : Aim: The overall aim of this thesis was to increase our understanding of health in everyday life among older persons aging in migration, and to evaluate the outcome of a health promotion intervention on sense of coherence, life satisfaction and engagement in activities. Methods: Studies I and II had a qualitative approach and aiming to obtain deeper descriptions of older Finnish immigrants experiences of health in daily life (study I), and to explore healthcare professionals’ experiences of health in daily life among older Finnish immigrants (study II). LÄS MER