Sökning: "Perceptual Features"
Visar resultat 16 - 20 av 39 avhandlingar innehållade orden Perceptual Features.
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Psychology, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : Because the visual system has limited capacity, emotions such as fear may play an important role in guiding the selection of relevant input (LeDoux, 2000; Öhman & Mineka, 2001). The aim of the current thesis was to investigate how fear can guide the organism by influencing: (I) attentional processes, (II) awareness of the visual input, and (III) affective processing independent of awareness. LÄS MER
17. The acquisition of contrast a longitudinal investigation of initial s+plosive cluster development in Swedish childrenDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Filosofi och lingvistik
Sammanfattning : This Thesis explores the development of word-initial s+plosive consonant clusters in the speech of Swedish children between the ages of 1;6 and 4;6. Development in the word-initial consonant clusters is viewed as being determined by 1) the children’s ability to articulate the target sequence of consonants, 2) the level of understanding of which acoustic features in the adult model production are significant for the signalling of the intended distinction, and 3) the children’s ability to apply established production patterns only to productions where the acquired feature agrees with the adult target, to achieve a contrast between rival output forms. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Gothenburg : Department of Philosophy, Linguistics, and Theory of Science, University of Gothenburg
Sammanfattning : This thesis has three main objectives. The first objective (A) includes Study I, which investigates the parameter fundamental frequency (F0) and its robustness in different acoustic contexts by using different measures. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Signaler, sensorer och system
Sammanfattning : thesis is about audio coding and improving flexibility thereof. Audio coding is used to reduce the bit rate needed to represent audio signals in digital format. When the available bit rate is low, parametric coding methods that use models to describe perceptually-important features of audio signals have shown their efficiency. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Sammanfattning : In the lossy coding of perceptually relevant signals, such as sound and images, the ultimate goal is to achieve good perceived quality of the reconstructed signal, under a constraint on the bit-rate. Conventional methodologies focus either on a rate-distortion optimization or on the preservation of signal features. LÄS MER