Sökning: "Long Street"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 20 avhandlingar innehållade orden Long Street.
- Detta är en avhandling från Gidlunds förlag
Sammanfattning : The dissertation is an ethnographic study focusing on two cities, Malmö in Sweden and Cape Town in South Africa. More specifically it focuses on three areas; the neighbourhoods Möllevången and Woodstock close to the respective city centres, and the street Long Street in the very heart of Cape Town central business district. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Institutionen för nordiska språk
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this thesis is to apply a name user perspective to the street names of Stockholm, with a focus on knowledge and views about names among the city’s inhabitants. On the basis of interview surveys, a picture is presented of the knowledge and views of Stockholmers regarding their city’s street names and the semantic or thematic name categories to which many of them belong; that is, the study seeks to identify general features of the ways in which the people of the city relate to their street names. LÄS MER
3. Energy Savings by Using Daylight for Basic Urban Shapes With a Case Study of Three Different Street TypesDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Sammanfattning : During winter the sun is in short supply. But research at KTH shows that solar radiation can be facilitated while energy consumption for lighting is reduced. This provided that the buildings are appropriately designed. But, unfortunately, the sunlight is often not taken into account and the results are the opposite. LÄS MER
4. From formal employment to street vending: Women’s room to maneuver and labor market decisions under conditions of export-orientation – the case of Penang, MalaysiaDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Sammanfattning : This study is a compilation thesis consisting of an introduction and four separate papers. It is an inquiry into women’s working lives in Penang, Malaysia. The export-oriented development model adopted in Malaysia stimulated women’s large-scale entry to the formal labor force. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Sammanfattning : A city is considered as a complex system. It consists of numerous interactivesub-systems and is affected by diverse factors including governmental landpolicies, population growth, transportation infrastructure, and market behavior. LÄS MER