Sökning: "Fatty acid metabolism"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 168 avhandlingar innehållade orden Fatty acid metabolism.
- Detta är en avhandling från Department of Internal Medcine, University Hospital of Lund
Sammanfattning : This study investigates pathways by which the eicosanoid precursor pools in the platelets, bone marrow and the gastrointestinal (GI) mucosa are acquired and regulated, and in this context some aspects on the interaction between triglyceride (TG)-rich lipoproteins and platelets. 1. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Wenner-Grens institut för experimentell biologi
Sammanfattning : Fatty acids are important regulators in the control of mammalian energy homeostasis. They are ingested in the diet but a significant amount are also endogenously produced by de novo lipogenesis. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå universitet
Sammanfattning : The endocannabinoid (eCB) system is an endogenous signaling system consisting of ligands (referred to as endocannabinoids, eCBs), receptors and metabolic enzymes. The eCB system is involved in homeostatic control of a variety of biological functions such as neuronal signaling, mood, appetite and pathological conditions such as pain, inflammation and tumour progression. LÄS MER
4. Development of sensitive cellular assay systems and their application to the identification of "orphan" seven-transmembrane receptorsDetta är en avhandling från Knut Kotarsky; Tordmulevägen 3c; 22735 LUND Sweden
Sammanfattning : Seven-transmembrane, G-protein coupled receptors play a central role in physiology since they facilitate cell communication in multicellular organisms by recognition of a broad range of ligands. They also represent important drug targets. LÄS MER
5. Cytochrome P450 Enzymes in Bile Acid Biosynthesis and Fatty Acid Metabolism Studies on Members of the Porcine CYP4A and CYP8B SubfamiliesDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The present investigation is devoted to studies on porcine members of the cytochrome P450 4A (CYP4A) and CYP8B1 subfamilies, which are involved in bile acid biosynthesis and fatty acid metabolism. Hyocholic acid is considered to fulfil the requirements for trihydroxy bile acids in the domestic pig (Sus scrofa) in the absence of cholic acid. LÄS MER