Sökning: "view of nature"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 403 avhandlingar innehållade orden view of nature.
1. Seeing Nature as Creation How Anti-Cartesian Philosophy of Mind and Perception Reshapes Natural TheologyDetta är en avhandling från Umeå
Sammanfattning : This dissertation constructively explores the implications for natural theology of (especially) John McDowell’s anti-Cartesian philosophy of mind and perception. Traditionally, an important element within natural theology is the idea that nature testifies to its creator, thereby making knowledge of a creator available to humans. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Göteborg : Göteborg University
Sammanfattning : The point of departure for this thesis is a core question in present-day environmental work, namely how to balance the conservation of nature against its utilisation. A wind power venture on a large scale energy production will, for instance, obviously have an impact on the natural scenery of the coastline. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Bokförlaget Nya Doxa
Sammanfattning : The Swedish natural philosopher Emanuel Swedenborg (1688–1772) thought in his early scientific career that the world was like a gigantic machine, following the laws of mechanics and geometry. The work presented here is a study of his mechanistic worldview and metaphorical way of thinking up to the year 1734, examining most of his fields of interest, from geometry and metaphysics to technology and mining engineering. LÄS MER
4. The Structure of the Virtues A Study of Thomas Aquinas’s and Godfrey of Fontaines's Accounts of Moral GoodnessDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Department of Philosophy, Uppsala University
Sammanfattning : This dissertation is a study of Thomas Aquinas’s (1225–1274) and Godfrey of Fontaines’s (d. 1306) moral philosophies. In this study, I conduct a detailed analysis of two Aristotelian commitments concerning the character virtues, namely, The Plurality of the Character Virtues and The Connection of the Character Virtues. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Department of Mathematics, Uppsala University
Sammanfattning : This dissertation deals with aspects of axiomatization, intuition and visualization in the history of mathematics. Particular focus is put on the end of the 19th century, before David Hilbert's (1862–1943) work on the axiomatization of Euclidean geometry. The thesis consists of three papers. LÄS MER