Sökning: "subjective social status"
Visar resultat 6 - 10 av 49 avhandlingar innehållade orden subjective social status.
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Psykologiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : The present thesis concerns middle-aged women’s subjective well-being (SWB). The interest is focused on the importance of childhood factors, social circumstances, and personality for middle-aged women’s general SWB. LÄS MER
7. Others’ income, one’s own fate How income inequality, relative social position and social comparisons contribute to disparities in healthDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Sociology, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : The overall aim of this thesis is to contribute to a greater understanding of how social inequalities in health evolve causally and to explore the missing links between social position and health in different social and economic contexts.A premise in the thesis is that in affluent societies, not only material aspects and purchasing power linked to income and social positions are important explanations for the health of individuals, but also the relative socio-economic standards in society. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Lund : Arkiv förlag
Sammanfattning : The pursuit of restrained perfection: Experiences of ill health among adolescent girls and boysRates of self-reported mental health problems among young people in Sweden are alarmingly high. Despite several contributions to the literature, knowledge about the subjective health of adolescents is still scarce; specifically, little is known about their experiences of subjective ill health. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : The Swedish Institute for Social Research (SOFI), Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : The present dissertation includes four empirical studies, each of which focuses on specific aspects of children’s living conditions. Study I analyses the association between young people’s social relations and health complaints using Swedish nationally representative survey data on 10- to 18-year-olds. LÄS MER
10. Children’s Peer Status and Their Adjustment in Adolescence and Adulthood Developmental issues in sociometric researchDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Psykologiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : The present research intended to examine the relationship between childhood stable peer status and adjustment in midadolescence for both genders, and adjustment in early and middle adulthood for women. One-year stably peer rejected, popular, and average boys and girls were identified by an age 10 and age 11 sociometric classification procedure using positive nominations and rank-ordering. LÄS MER