Sökning: "relative deprivation"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 22 avhandlingar innehållade orden relative deprivation.
1. Others’ income, one’s own fate How income inequality, relative social position and social comparisons contribute to disparities in healthDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Sociology, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : The overall aim of this thesis is to contribute to a greater understanding of how social inequalities in health evolve causally and to explore the missing links between social position and health in different social and economic contexts.A premise in the thesis is that in affluent societies, not only material aspects and purchasing power linked to income and social positions are important explanations for the health of individuals, but also the relative socio-economic standards in society. LÄS MER
2. Resources and relative deprivation : Analysing mechanisms behind income, inequality and ill-healthDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Department of Public Health Sciences
Sammanfattning : Even in more egalitarian welfare states health is related to income. Improvements in health are acknowledged over the entire income distribution, albeit with decreasing marginal returns of health at higher income levels. LÄS MER
3. Exposure to crime as a consequence of poverty five investigations about relative deprivation, poverty and exposure to crimeDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Sociologi
Sammanfattning : This thesis contains five studies that in different ways investigate poverty and the relation between poverty and exposure to crime. The basis of the thesis has been the question of how poverty is related to other welfare problems such as unemployment and health problems, focusing on exposure to crime and fear of crime. LÄS MER
4. Resources and relative deprivation. Analysing mechanisms behind income, inequality and ill-health : Centre for Health Equity Studies (CHESS)Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm University&Centre for Health Equity Studies, Stockholm University/Karolinska Institutet. Health Equity Studies, no 5
Sammanfattning : .... LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Göteborg : University of Gothenburg
Sammanfattning : Abstract Title: Narratives about youth gangs in the disadvantaged suburban neighbourhood. Gender, power, morality Author: Susanne Liljeholm Hansson Key words: Youth gangs, criminality, disadvantaged neighbourhood, codes of conduct, social constructionism, narrative analysis, interpretive repertoire, categorization, social exclusion, relative deprivation, moral differentiation, gender, positioning, hegemonic masculinity, protest masculinity, power relations Distribution: University of Gothenburg, Department of Social Work, Box 720, S-405 30 Göteborg ISBN: 978-91-86796-93-8 ISSN: 1401-5781 E-publishing: http://hdl. LÄS MER