Sökning: "history of medical institutions"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 26 avhandlingar innehållade orden history of medical institutions.
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Culture and Aesthetics, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : The early nineteenth century saw the emergence of institutional psychiatry across Europe. Aware that Sweden had fallen behind in this development, Parliament decreed in 1823 that a number of specialised institutions for the care of the insane were to be established. The Vadstena asylum, opened in 1826, was the first such institution in Sweden. LÄS MER
2. Soviet People with Female Bodies Performing Beauty and Maternity in Soviet Russia in the mid 1930-1960sDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Stockholm University, Acta Universitatis Stockholmiensis
Sammanfattning : The everyday practices of maternity and beauty are important for the enactment of femininity. This dissertation deals with femininities created in the context of changing ideas about “normality” in Soviet Russia during the mid 1930s-1960s and explores a diversity of norms, discourses and rituals. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The aim of this thesis is to explain how the management of insane offenders operated and changed in Sweden in the approximate period 1850–1930. The investigation concerns primarily a level of practice, i.e. how insane offenders were treated in courts and insane asylums as a part of the everyday activities of these institutions. LÄS MER
4. Historien om den antroposofiska humanismen : den antroposofiska bildningsidén i idéhistoriskt perspektiv 1880 - 1980Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Almqvist & Wiksell International
Sammanfattning : This paper has two objectives. First: the humanistic idea of knowledge, philosophically formulated by Rudolf Steiner (1861-1925), should be presented in relation to history of ideas. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Örebro : Örebro universitetsbibliotek
Sammanfattning : The focus for this thesis is the alcoholic care in Sweden from the establishment of the first alcoholic institution in 1885 and the years right after the compulsory care act was passed in 1913. In the thesis the practical activity at the four first alcoholic institutions is examined, but also the ideas concerning alcoholic care that were formulated by the men that were the institutions initiators and responsible for the activities. LÄS MER