Sökning: "moral treatment"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 52 avhandlingar innehållade orden moral treatment.
1. Beyond treatment? : widening the approach to alcohol problems and solutions
Sammanfattning : The dissertation includes four different studies which, from different points of departure, aim to illuminate problems and prospects of social work with alcohol problems in contemporary Sweden.Paper 1 analyses the historical succession of predominant public images of, and societal responses to, alcohol problems in Sweden during the past century. LÄS MER
2. Disciplining Freedom : Treatment Dilemmas and Subjectivity at a Detention Home for Young Men
Sammanfattning : This ethnographic study explores treatment practices and staff-resident interaction at a detention home for young men, drawing on video recorded conversations and interviews. It investigates ideological dilemmas inherent in the institutional setting and how these produce complex subject positions to uptake, negotiate or refuse. LÄS MER
3. Moral concerns - Treatment staff and user perspectives on alcohol and drug problems
Sammanfattning : Constructions of alcohol and drug problems, as well as of treatment, show a great variation that can be understood from the perspective of societal needs to categorize individuals as deviant. The thesis deals with contemporary perspectives, among staff in treatment of alcohol and drug problems and a group of drug users, on alcohol and drug problems and how these problems should be handled in the public sphere. LÄS MER
4. Changing behaviors or behavioral change? : A study of moral development and transbehavioral processes in juvenile institutional care
Sammanfattning : .... LÄS MER
5. Att bota en drinkare : idéer och praktik i svensk alkoholistvård 1885 - 1916
Sammanfattning : The focus for this thesis is the alcoholic care in Sweden from the establishment of the first alcoholic institution in 1885 and the years right after the compulsory care act was passed in 1913. In the thesis the practical activity at the four first alcoholic institutions is examined, but also the ideas concerning alcoholic care that were formulated by the men that were the institutions initiators and responsible for the activities. LÄS MER