Sökning: "metabolic stress"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 270 avhandlingar innehållade orden metabolic stress.
1. Energy Metabolic Stress Syndrome : Impact of Physical Activity of Different Intensity and Duration
Sammanfattning : All living cell functions require an ongoing supply of energy derived from carbohydrates, lipids and proteins with their own pathways of breakdown. All of them end up in the oxidation of reduced coenzymes, yielding chemically-bound energy in the form of adenosine triphosphate (ATP). LÄS MER
2. Conjugated linoleic acid and the metabolic syndrome : Clinical and metabolic studies with special reference to insulin resistance, oxidative stress and inflammation
Sammanfattning : The aim of this thesis was to investigate the metabolic effects of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) in middle-aged men with the metabolic syndrome, a high-risk group for type 2 diabetes. CLA is a group of fatty acid isomers with antiobesity and antidiabetogenic effects in animals, and CLA is therefore used as a supplement in humans. LÄS MER
3. Fish coping with stress-Physiology and behaviour in salmonids with focus on stress coping styles, rearing conditions and smolt migration
Sammanfattning : When animals are reared for conservational releases it is paramount to avoid reducing genetic and phenotypic variation over time. Therefore, an understanding of how behavioural and physiological traits affect the performance of an individual both within the captive and the wild environment is required. LÄS MER
4. Light, stress and herbivory : from photoprotection to trophic interactions using Arabidopsis thaliana as a model organism
Sammanfattning : Photosynthesis is the most important process for nearly all life on earth. Photosynthetic organisms capture and transfer light energy from the sun into chemical energy which in turn provides a resource base for heterotrophic organisms. Natural light regimes are irregular and vary over magnitudes. LÄS MER
5. Effect of Dietary Antioxidants on Oxidative Stress, Inflammation and Metabolic Factors : Studies in Subjects with Overweight and with Type 2 Diabetes
Sammanfattning : Observational studies have indicated that fruit and vegetables, and dietary antioxidants may play an important role in reducing the risk of chronic diseases, potentially by affecting pathogenic mechanisms such as oxidative stress and inflammation. Clinical trials investigating the effects of supplementation with single or a few antioxidants in high doses have, however, shown inconsistent results and thus have not been able to support the observational findings. LÄS MER