Sökning: "medicinsk cellbiologi"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 531 avhandlingar innehållade orden medicinsk cellbiologi.
1. Human Adipocytes : Proteomic Approaches
Sammanfattning : Type 2 diabetes is characterized by increased levels of glucose in the blood originating from insulin resistance in insulin sensitive tissues and from reduced pancreatic insulin production. Around 400 million people in the world are diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and the correlation with obesity is strong. LÄS MER
2. High-throughput screening using multicellular tumor spheroids to reveal and exploit tumor-specific vulnerabilities
Sammanfattning : High-throughput drug screening (HTS) in live cells is often a vital part of the preclinical anticancer drug discovery process. So far, two-dimensional (2D) monolayer cell cultures have been the most prevalent model in HTS endeavors. However, 2D cell cultures often fail to recapitulate the complex microenvironments of in vivo tumors. LÄS MER
3. Application of a New Logic to Old Drugs: Angiogenesis Inhibition in Neuroblastoma
Sammanfattning : Neuroblastoma is one of the most common solid cancers of early childhood. In Sweden, approximately 10-15 cases occur annually. The overall five-year neuroblastoma survival in Europe is approximately 45%. Since cancer treatment involves drugs with risks of side effects in the growing child, there is a need for more effective and less toxic drugs. LÄS MER
4. The influence of lysozyme and oligothiophenes on amyloid-β toxicity in models of Alzheimer’s disease
Sammanfattning : Alzheimer’s disease (AD) is a neurodegenerative disease and the most common cause of dementia worldwide. Apart from dominantly inherited mutations, age is the major risk factor and as life expectancy increases the prevalence for AD escalates dramatically. LÄS MER
5. Genetic mechanisms regulating proliferation and cell specification in the Drosophila embryonic CNS
Sammanfattning : The central nervous system (CNS) consists of an enormous number of cells, and large cellular variance, integrated into an elaborate network. The CNS is the most complex animal organ, and therefore its establishment must be controlled by many different genetic programs. LÄS MER