Sökning: "early modern Sweden"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 244 avhandlingar innehållade orden early modern Sweden.
1. In the Shadows of Poland and Russia : The Grand Duchy of Lithuania and Sweden in the European Crisis of the mid-17th century
Sammanfattning : This book examines and analyses the Union between the Grand Duchy of Lithuania and Sweden signed in 1655 at Kėdainiai and the political crisis that followed. The union was a result of strong separatist dreams among the Lithuanian-Ruthenian Protestant elite led by the Radziwiłł family, and if implemented it would radically change the balance of power in the Baltic Sea region. LÄS MER
2. Tidigmoderna företagarstrategier : järnbrukens ägar- och finansieringsförhållanden under 1600-talet
Sammanfattning : .... LÄS MER
3. The Medal in Early Modern Sweden : Significances and Practices
Sammanfattning : This thesis analyses medals issued between 1560 and 1792 in Sweden and studies the practices and roles related to these objects. It aims to contribute to the understanding of the varying uses and functions of early modern medals by applying a long-term perspective that connects Renaissance, Baroque, and Neoclassical medals. LÄS MER
4. Kulturpolitik : Formeringen av en modern kategori
Sammanfattning : This dissertation analyses the formation of Swedish cultural policy in the twentieth century and the emergence of a modern concept of cultural policy. The aim is to historicise this concept by opening up the process through which it was established. LÄS MER
5. Mechanicus : Performing an Early Modern Persona
Sammanfattning : This thesis studies mechanics as a means of making men, rather than machines. Drawing on Swedish sources from 1700–50, it approaches mechanics as an exercise of a virtuous subject, known to his contemporaries as the “mechanicus”. LÄS MER