Sökning: "circadian rhythms"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 29 avhandlingar innehållade orden circadian rhythms.
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå Universitet, Institutionen för fysiologisk botanik
Sammanfattning : Since the first signs of life on planet earth, organisms have had to adapt to the daily changes between light and dark, and high and low temperatures. This has led to the evolution of an endogenous time keeper, known as the circadian clock. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Chemical Ecology and Ecotoxicology, Department of Biology, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Sex pheromone communication and related physiological processes are regulated by circadian clock mechanisms in many moth species. This thesis includes studies of circadian rhythms in sexually relevant behaviours and communication in the Egyptian cotton leafworm Spodoptera littoralis, the turnip moth Agrotis segetum, the Indian meal moth Plodia interpunctella and the Mediterranean flour moth Ephestia kuehniella. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Dept of Physiology and Pharmacology
Sammanfattning : Circadian clocks have been found in numerous cell types and tissues of the body, allowing organisms to coordinate their daily biological functions. They generate cycles of behavioral and physiological processes with a period length of ~24h, which are synchronized to the rotation of the Earth and the subsequent daily changes in illumination, temperature and humidity. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Zoologiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Most animals have endogenous circadian clocks, which drive daily rhythms in behavior and physiology to adapt to daily cycles of the environment. Several sets of neurons have been identified as circadian pacemakers (clocks) in the brain of Drosophila melanogaster, but the neuronal circuits and neurotransmitters signalling circadian information are poorly known. LÄS MER
5. Biological Rhythms of Pancreatic Secretion in Young Pigs with empahasis to the time around weaningDetta är en avhandling från Department of Animal Physiology, Lund University
Sammanfattning : When the time structure (chronome) of pancreatic secretion was studied after weaning in 5-week-old pigs, the zero-amplitude (no-rhythm) assumption was rejected for the about-weekly (circaseptan, CS) and about-half-weekly (circasemiseptan, CSS) chronome components. When the data were assessed individually on a day-to-day basis, a 24-hour component was suggested (P. LÄS MER