Sökning: "type 2 diabetes mellitus"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 239 avhandlingar innehållade orden type 2 diabetes mellitus.
- Detta är en avhandling från Göteborgs universitet
Sammanfattning : Worldwide, 1% of all live born children are born with a congenital heart disease (CHD) and currently >95% reach adulthood due to better diagnostics and medical care. At the same time, Diabetes Mellitus (DM), type 1 (T1DM) and type 2 (T2DM), is increasing worldwide. LÄS MER
2. Pharmacometrics Modelling in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus Implications on Study Design and Diabetes Disease ProgressionDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Pharmacometric modelling is widely used in many aspects related to type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM), for instance in the anti-diabetes drug development, and in quantifying the disease progression of T2DM.The aim of this thesis were to improve the design of early phase anti-diabetes drug development studies with the focus on the power to identify mechanism of drug action (MoA), and to characterize and quantify the progression from prediabetes to overt diabetes, both the natural progression and the progression with diet and exercise interventions, using pharmacometrics modelling. LÄS MER
3. Antigen-specific islet antibodies: prediction of beta cell failure and differentiation between Type 1 and Type 2 diabetesDetta är en avhandling från Henrik Borg, Wallenberg Laboratory, Entrance 46 2nd floor, Malmö University Hospital, SE-205 02 Malmö, Sweden
Sammanfattning : Autoantibodies against glutamic acid decarboxylase (GADA), protein tyrosine-phosphatase-like protein (IAÐ2A), and/or pancreatic islet cells (ICA) are autoimmune markers usually present at diagnosis of Type 1 diabetes. Type 1 diabetes is therefore in general believed to be caused by an immune-mediated beta cell destruction. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Dept of Diabetes and Celiac Disease
Sammanfattning : The aims of this work is to better determine the genetic background of gestational diabetes (GDM) and to examine how specific genes affect the development of diabetes post partum. In the DiPiS (Diabetes Prediction in Skåne) study we typed for HLA-DQB1 alleled, the transcription factor 7-like 2(TCF7L2) rs7903146, rs12255372 and rs7901695 SNPs, the 1858 C>T SNP of the protein tyrosine phosphatase non-receptor 22 (PTPN22) gene and we tested for the presence of islet cell autoantibodies against glutamic acid decarboxylase 65 (GAD65), insulinoma-associated antigen 2 (IA-2) and insulin in women who had been diagnosed with GDM at least once during 2000-2004. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Lund University Department of Clinical Sciences Diabetes and Endocrinology Malmö University Hospital
Sammanfattning : Gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM) is a heterogeneous disorder that is defined as carbohydrate intolerance with onset or first recognition during pregnancy. Impaired beta-cell function and insulin resistance are the hallmarks of GDM. LÄS MER