Sökning: "short-term provocation"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 7 avhandlingar innehållade orden short-term provocation.
1. Pharmacometrics Modelling in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus Implications on Study Design and Diabetes Disease ProgressionDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Pharmacometric modelling is widely used in many aspects related to type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM), for instance in the anti-diabetes drug development, and in quantifying the disease progression of T2DM.The aim of this thesis were to improve the design of early phase anti-diabetes drug development studies with the focus on the power to identify mechanism of drug action (MoA), and to characterize and quantify the progression from prediabetes to overt diabetes, both the natural progression and the progression with diet and exercise interventions, using pharmacometrics modelling. LÄS MER
2. Idiopathic environmental intolerance attributed to electromagnetic fields physiological and psychological aspectsDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Yrkes- och miljömedicin
Sammanfattning : This thesis aims to increase the knowledge on people with symptoms attributed to electromagnetic fields (EMF) by investigating the effects of EMF exposure and by additional description of the heterogeneous group of people reporting EMF-related symptoms.The effect of mobile phone (MP)-like radio frequency (RF) fields on symptoms, autonomic nervous system (ANS) parameters, short-term memory, and reaction time in persons with MP-related symptoms (MP participants) was investigated in a provocation study. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Anxiety disorders are very common and the primary feature is abnormal or inappropriate anxiety. Fear and anxiety is often mediated by the amygdala, a brain structure rich in substance P (SP) and neurokinin 1 (NK1) receptors. LÄS MER
4. Monoclonal antibodies to human interferon-α and interferon-γ : Characterization and application with focus on interferon-γ as a T cell cytokineDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : The major functions of the immune system are to combat infections and to control that normal auto-immunity does not turn into auto-aggression. Antibodies, together with T cell receptors and MHC molecules, dictates the immunological specificity. LÄS MER
5. Health symptoms and potential effects on the blood-brain and blood-cerebrospinal fluid barriers associated with use of wireless telephonesDetta är en avhandling från Örebro : Örebro universitet
Sammanfattning : Recent years have seen a rapid increase in the use of wireless telephones, yet little systematic data exist on the actual use of such devices in the general population. Mobile and cordless telephones emit radiofrequency fields (RF) raising concern about possible adverse health effects. LÄS MER