Sökning: "impaired glucose tolerance"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 100 avhandlingar innehållade orden impaired glucose tolerance.
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : In the wake of increased obesity prevalence, impaired glucose tolerance (IGT) and type 2 diabetes (T2D) in childhood and adolescence is increasingly common. Given the negative impacts these conditions have on health over time, understanding the pathophysiology in those affected early in life is important. LÄS MER
2. Pharmacometrics Modelling in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus Implications on Study Design and Diabetes Disease ProgressionDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Pharmacometric modelling is widely used in many aspects related to type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM), for instance in the anti-diabetes drug development, and in quantifying the disease progression of T2DM.The aim of this thesis were to improve the design of early phase anti-diabetes drug development studies with the focus on the power to identify mechanism of drug action (MoA), and to characterize and quantify the progression from prediabetes to overt diabetes, both the natural progression and the progression with diet and exercise interventions, using pharmacometrics modelling. LÄS MER
3. Characterization of Impaired Glucose Tolerance - Insulin Sensitivity, Islet Function and Metabolic Risk FactorsDetta är en avhandling från Department of Medicine, Lund University
Sammanfattning : This thesis presents a three-year prospective study on metabolic characteristics of impaired glucose tolerance (IGT) and the regulation of insulin sensitivity versus islet function in relation to changes in glucose tolerance. 108 non-diabetic women aged 57-58 years were randomly selected from a population of women born in 1935 with a high prevalence of IGT. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Department of Medicine at Huddinge University Hospital
Sammanfattning : Background: Diabetes mellitus (DM) and impaired glucose tolerance test (IGT) are well known risk factors for cardiovascular disease (CVD). Individuals with IGT, a prediabetic state, are asymptomatic during many years and they often remain undiagnosed until they have developed overt diabetes or cardiovascular complications. LÄS MER
5. Diabetes mellitus and related glucometabolic disturbances in acute myocardial infarction Diagnosis, prevalence and prognostic implicationsDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : In patients with diabetes mellitus (DM), acute myocardial infarction (AMI) is a major cause of death. We have studied two populations with respect to the relationship between DM or related glucometabolic disturbances and AMI. LÄS MER