Sökning: "shared water management"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 15 avhandlingar innehållade orden shared water management.
1. Sharing Water in Africa : Comparative Analysis of the Limpopo and Orange-Senqu River Basins in SADC and the Juba and Shabelle River Basins in the Horn of Africa
Sammanfattning : As water resources management becomes increasingly critical and many countries in the arid and semi-arid regions are increasingly forced to consider the possibilities of utilizing the water that is available in international rivers. Thus, the concerns relating to the use of international waters in shared rivers are becoming more important. LÄS MER
2. METHODS FOR TRANSBOUNDARY WATER RESOURCES MANAGEMENT IN WATER STRESSED REGIONS – CASE STUDY: SOUTHERN AFRICA
Sammanfattning : Water resources management in water scarce regions like the Southern Africa Development Community (SADC) is challenging with both large hydro-climatic-induced scarcity and the considerable inter-annual fluctuations at the centre of the allocation problem. Water must be allocated both in time and space using acceptable criteria and most importantly, all stakeholders must adhere to the decisions imposed by water sharing agreements. LÄS MER
3. Managing water according to river basins : Information management, institutional arrangements and strategic policy support - with focus on the EU Water Framework Directive
Sammanfattning : Today, there is a general notion that water resources are best managed according to their river basins. River basin management may be approached from a wide variety of angles. This thesis focuses on information management, institutional arrangements and strategic policy support, with special reference to the EU Water Framework Directive (WFD). LÄS MER
4. Energy-Water and Agriculture Nexus to Support the Sustainable Management of Shared Water Resources
Sammanfattning : Throughout history, major rivers and shared water bodies have allowed civilizations to flourish, and the effective management of shared water bodies has always been a priority for societies and nations. Today, about 40% of the world’s population lives in proximity to the 286 transboundary river and lake basins that supply 60% of the world’s freshwater flows and make up about half of the Earth’s land area. LÄS MER
5. Sustainable agriculture : From global challenges to local land management
Sammanfattning : Despite the success of agriculture management practices in increasing the availability of food needed to meet the requirements of the expanding global population, there are increasing demands placed on the resources on which the sector depends. Opportunities for the development of agricultural systems are constrained by increasing competition, from other sectors, for shared resources. LÄS MER