Sökning: "River basin management"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 28 avhandlingar innehållade orden River basin management.
1. Information, systems and water management Information systems which support water management - cases from rural water supply in Uganda and WFD implementation in the North Baltic River Basin District, SwedenDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Sammanfattning : Successfulwater management implies tackling multi-level governance and improvingintegration between sectors. Sound information and related processes will berequired to support water management decision-making at these various levels. LÄS MER
2. Scenarios for Flood Risk Management Strategies Integration in Mozambique A backcasting approach for the case of the Limpopo River BasinDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Computer and Systems Sciences, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : Flood risk management strategic planning with long-term perspectives is a complex problem, for which the solution requires a multidisciplinary and multi-paradigm approach. A significant dimension of this complexity arises from the need to include or add a participatory mode to the solution process, which amounts to a requirement that all stakeholders, ranging from decision makers to experts and beneficiaries, be involved in the decision making. LÄS MER
3. Hydrological modeling as a tool for sustainable water resources management: a case study of the Awash River BasinDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Sammanfattning : The growing pressure on the world‘s fresh water resources is enforced by population growth that leads to conflicts between demands for different purposes. A main concern on water use is the conflict between the environment and other purposes like hydropower, irrigation for agriculture and domestic and industry water supply, where total flows are diverted without releasing water for ecological conservation. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Göteborg : University of Gothenburg
Sammanfattning : The general purpose of this thesis is to provide an empirically based study of International River Basin management in order to contribute to the global policy debate on water resources management and the role of water in the development process. The thesis reviews the recent ‘water management’ debate and a number of theoretical positions on the topic. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköping University Electronic Press
Sammanfattning : Water constraints for humans and nature are gaining more and more public attention as a critical environmental dilemma that needs to be addressed. When aquifers and rivers are running dry, the debate refers to an ongoing “world water crisis”. LÄS MER