Sökning: "water and energy systems"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 467 avhandlingar innehållade orden water and energy systems.
1. Trade-offs and conflicting objectives of decision-making investments in low-carbon technology portfolios for sustainable development : National and continental insights offered by applying energy system models
Sammanfattning : Energy infrastructure and appropriate energy policies are crucial for sustainable development and to meet Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Limiting global warming potential below 1.5oC would require “rapid and far-reaching” transitions and unprecedented changes in all aspects of society. LÄS MER
2. Energy-Water and Agriculture Nexus to Support the Sustainable Management of Shared Water Resources
Sammanfattning : Throughout history, major rivers and shared water bodies have allowed civilizations to flourish, and the effective management of shared water bodies has always been a priority for societies and nations. Today, about 40% of the world’s population lives in proximity to the 286 transboundary river and lake basins that supply 60% of the world’s freshwater flows and make up about half of the Earth’s land area. LÄS MER
3. Hydro-Kinetic Energy Conversion : Resource and Technology
Sammanfattning : The kinetic energy present in tidal currents and other water courses has long been appreciated as a vast resource of renewable energy. The work presented in this doctoral thesis is devoted to both the characteristics of the hydro-kinetic resource and the technology for energy conversion. LÄS MER
4. Anaerobic digestion in the kraft pulp and paper industry : Challenges and possibilities for implementation
Sammanfattning : The pulp and paper industry is a large producer of wastewater and sludge, putting high pressure on waste treatment. In addition, more rigorous environmental legislation for pollution control and demands to increase the use of renewable energy have put further pressure on the pulp and paper industry’s waste treatment, where anaerobic digestion (AD) and the production of methane could pose a solution. LÄS MER
5. Efficient treatment of forest industrial wastewaters : Energy efficiency and resilience during disturbances
Sammanfattning : This work concerns the efficient treatment of wastewaters from pulp and paper mills by means of aerobic biological processes. For treatment processes there are many aspects of efficiency and the present study investigates both energy efficiency and purification efficiency during disturbances. LÄS MER