Sökning: "extracellular vesicles"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 64 avhandlingar innehållade orden extracellular vesicles.
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå University
Sammanfattning : Histones are chromatin-associated proteins localized to the nucleus. However, extracellular histones are present in biofluids from healthy individuals and become elevated under disease conditions, such as neurodegeneration and cancer. LÄS MER
2. Cellular responses to amyloid-beta protofibrils Focus on astrocytes, extracellular vesicles and antibody treatmentDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Knowledge about the cellular mechanisms behind the initiation and propagation of Alzheimer’s disease (AD) is limited. Decades of research have focused on neuronal abnormalities in AD, but recently more attention has been given to the glial cells. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Dept of Laboratory Medicine
Sammanfattning : Extracellular vesicles (EVs) are nanometer-sized, lipid membrane enclosed, vesicles that are secreted by most, if not all, cells and contain macromolecular material of the source cell including lipids, proteins and various nucleic acid species. Over the last two decades, EVs have been recognized as important mediators of cell-to-cell communication that influence both physiological and pathological conditions. LÄS MER
4. Pancreatic extracellular communication. Applications to beta cell cultures and islet amyloid polypeptide aggregationDetta är en avhandling från ; Chalmers tekniska högskola; Gothenburg
Sammanfattning : Diabetes mellitus (DM) is a disease with epidemic proportions due to increased incidences worldwide, persistence of undiagnosed cases, uncontrolled forms of the disease, association with cardiovascular complications, and lack of definitive treatment options. In particular, type 2 DM (T2DM) is placing an enormous financial burden on worldwide healthcare systems that will increase in the futureThere is a need to develop physiological assay platforms that provide functionally relevant models of diabetes in order to accelerate the discovery of new treatments. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från ; Chalmers tekniska högskola; Gothenburg
Sammanfattning : This thesis describes the work I conducted in two different areas, namely biomolecular sensing and quantitative cell biology. The work in the former area was focused on the optimization of plasmonic metamaterials for sensing applications, and in the latter on the characterization of extracellular vesicles released by glioblastoma cells under stress conditions. LÄS MER