Sökning: "drug resistance"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 467 avhandlingar innehållade orden drug resistance.
1. Circumventing drug resistance : Studies exploring the expediency of a total cell kill chemoresistance assayDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Cellular resistance to anti-cancer drugs is considered to be the major cause of treatment failure in clinical practice. The present studies have therefore focused on ways to circumvent resistance as evaluated by an in vitro chemoresistance assay. LÄS MER
2. Studies of Retroviral Reverse Transcriptase and Flaviviral Protease Enzymes as Antiviral Drug Targets Applications in Antiviral Drug Discovery & TherapyDetta är en avhandling från Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis : Uppsala universitet
Sammanfattning : Viruses are a major threat to humans due to their unique adaptability, evolvability and capability to control their hosts as parasites and genetic elements. HIV/AIDS is the third largest cause of death by infectious diseases in the world, and drug resistance due to the viral mutations is still the leading cause of treatment failure. LÄS MER
3. Kinetic studies of NS3 and NS5B from Hepatitis C virus Implications and applications for drug discoveryDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The aim of these studies was to increase our understanding of the non-structural proteins 3 and 5B (NS3 and NS5B) from the hepatitis C virus (HCV), and thereby contribute to the development of new and better drugs against HCV.By studying NS3 with substitutions identified to be associated with resistance to NS3 inhibitors in clinical trials (R155Q, A156T and D168V) it was found that not all inhibitors were affected, indicating that cross-resistance can be avoided. LÄS MER
4. Biosensor Studies of Ligand Interactions with Structurally Flexible Enzymes Applications for Antiviral Drug DevelopmentDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Institutionen för naturvetenskaplig biokemi
Sammanfattning : The use of a surface plasmon biosensor fills a missing link in kinetic studies of enzymes, since it measures directly the interaction between biomolecules and allows determination of parameters that are determined only indirectly in activity assays. The present thesis deals with kinetic and dynamic aspects of ligand binding to two viral enzymes: the human cytomegalovirus (HCMV) protease and the human immunodeficiency virus type 1 reverse transcriptase (HIV-1 RT). LÄS MER
5. Chemotherapy in Childhood Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia In vitro cellular drug resistance and pharmacokineticsDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The aims of the studies described in this thesis were to investigate the pharmacokinetics of and cellular resistance to chemotherapy as causes of treatment failure in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL).Leukemic cells from 370 children with newly diagnosed ALL were tested by the Fluorometric Microculture Cytotoxicity Assay to measure their resistance to each of ten standard cytotoxic drugs. LÄS MER