Sökning: "Women and Computer Science"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 19 avhandlingar innehållade orden Women and Computer Science.
1. Life paths through space and time: Adding the micro-level geographic context to longitudinal historical demographic researchDetta är en avhandling från Lund University, Faculty of Science, Department of Physical Geography and Ecosystem Science
Sammanfattning : Historisk-demografisk forskning är central för att förstå mänskliga beteenden och egenskaper genom historien, såsom fertilitet, dödlighet och migration. En väsentlig del inom historisk demografi är att utföra longitudinella analyser på mikronivå. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Karlskrona : Blekinge Institute of Technology
Sammanfattning : The gender question in computer science is often presented as: "Why are there so few women in computer science and what can be done about that?" This question usually focuses on women. Sometimes 'men' or 'gender' enter the discussions. LÄS MER
3. Relationships between information communication technology and psychosocial life environment : Students and young urban knowledge workers in the ICT-eraDetta är en avhandling från Sundsvall : Mid Sweden University
Sammanfattning : Dramatic changes have been taking place in our ways of working and spending leisure time. This relates to the increasing use of ICT (Information Communication Technology) in our lives and is of crucial importance to our future. LÄS MER
4. Hanging out in the game café Contextualising co-located computer game play practices and experiencesDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Computer and Systems Sciences, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : What social practices are people involved when staying in a game café? What kind of social setting is the game café? What are the attitudes towards playing computer games at home and in public among parents? What are the media representations of co-located game playing in public? What are the sensory experiences of playing co-located game play in public? This dissertation gives a descriptive and analytical account of the contexts and meanings of playing co-located computer games in public settings such as game cafés and LAN parties. The overall aim with the dissertation is to describe and investigate the social and cultural meanings and contexts of playing computer games in a game café. LÄS MER
5. Crossing Boundaries, Focusing Foundations, Trying Translations Feminist Technoscience Strategies in Computer ScienceDetta är en avhandling från Karlskrona : Blekinge Institute of Technology
Sammanfattning : In this thesis I explore feminist technoscience strategies in computer science, starting in “the gender question in computer science”, and ending up in communication and translation between feminist technoscience research and computer science educational practice. Necessary parts in this work concern issues of boundary crossings between disciplines, and focusing on the foundations of computer science: what it means to “know computer science”. LÄS MER