Sökning: "Transport Science"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 691 avhandlingar innehållade orden Transport Science.
1. Costs in Swedish Public Transport : An analysis of cost drivers and cost efficiency in public transport contracts
Sammanfattning : During the last seven years, the total cost for Swedish public transport provision has increased by over 30 percent in real terms according to figures from the government agency Transport Analysis. A similar pattern is found if considering a longer time span. LÄS MER
2. Governing towards sustainability : environmental governance and policy change in Swedish forestry and transport
Sammanfattning : Faced with environmental problems such as climate change and biodiversity loss, the dominant political response has been sustainable development, balancing environmental protection against economic prosperity and social justice. While political action is increasingly being called for, the role and capacity of the state is questioned – as captured neatly in the story from government to governance that implies a relocation of authority and power between policy levels and in public-private relations, as well as a radical restructuring within public administration. LÄS MER
3. Competition in Public Transport : Essays on competitive tendering and open-access competition in Sweden
Sammanfattning : The results of this work show that the cost efficiency of tendered bus services is similar across all Swedish counties, except for the more high-density counties where efficiency is lower. Considerably lower efficiency is also found for contracts with services run in-house by the Public Transport Authority (PTA), compared to when the same service is run by a private actor. LÄS MER
4. Getting the transport right - for what? : What transport policy can tell us about the construction of sustainability
Sammanfattning : This thesis studies transport as a governing tool that shapes the physical environment and human society, as well as having environmental impacts. The aim is to learn what policy for transport can say about what sustainability means and does. LÄS MER
5. Sensitising Urban Transport Security : Surveillance and Policing in Berlin, Stockholm, and Warsaw
Sammanfattning : The city as a focal point of both domestic and international security policy is characteristic of the 21st century security landscape in Europe. Amidst the 'War on Terror' and the pan-European battle against organised crime, the city is the location where global processes are actually taking place. LÄS MER