Sökning: "Cerebrospinal fluid"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 435 avhandlingar innehållade orden Cerebrospinal fluid.
1. Cerebrospinal fluid infusion methods : development and validation on patients with idiopathic normal pressure hydrocephalus
Sammanfattning : Cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) infusion tests can be used to estimate the dynamic properties of the CSF system. Idiopathic normal pressure hydrocephalus (INPH) is a syndrome signified by a disturbance to the CSF system, where the cause is unknown and the diagnosis is difficult to determine. LÄS MER
2. Cerebrospinal Fluid Shunts in Children : Technical Considerations and Treatment of Certain Complications
Sammanfattning : Ventriculo-peritoneal shunting is the most commonly used method for the treatment of paediatric hydrocephalus. Despite improved shunts and surgical techniques there are still complications. This retrospective study focuses on diagnoses and treatment of shunt malfunction and infections. Cost/benefit of using an adjustable shunt was assessed. LÄS MER
3. Cerebrospinal fluid studies of bipolar disorder
Sammanfattning : The pathophysiology of bipolar disorder remains to be elucidated. One approach to studying brain processes is analysis of cerebrospinal fluid (CSF). LÄS MER
4. Search for Biomarkers in ALS and Parkinson's Disease : Positron Emission Tomography and Cerebrospinal Fluid Studies
Sammanfattning : New biomarkers are needed to improve knowledge about pathophysiology, in order to provide earlier correct diagnosis and to follow disease progression of the neurodegenerative diseases amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) and Parkinson's disease (PD). The aim of this thesis was to find new biomarkers for these diseases. LÄS MER
5. On cerebrospinal fluid markers of HIV-1 infection
Sammanfattning : HIV-1 infects the central nervous system early in the course of infection and neurological complications are common in HIV-1-infected individuals. Approximately 20% of individuals with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) not treated with antiretroviral therapy develop a subcortical dementia, AIDS dementia complex (ADC). LÄS MER