Sökning: "vascular endothelial growth factor"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 181 avhandlingar innehållade orden vascular endothelial growth factor.
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Angiogenesis is a process in which new capillaries sprout from preexisting blood vessels. Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) promotes endothelial cell proliferation and migration and thereby stimulates angiogenesis. VEGF receptors (VEGFRs) have been implicated as key regulatory components in endothelial cells. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Department of Animal Physiology, Lund University
Sammanfattning : This thesis concerns vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and its possible role as a neurotrophic factor. I have investigated the effect of VEGF on neurons in culture but also in vivo, following a crush lesion of the sciatic nerve, and following nerve repair. LÄS MER
3. Androgen controlled regulatory systems in prostate cancer potential new therapeutic targets and prognostic markersDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Medicinsk biovetenskap
Sammanfattning : BACKGROUND: Prostate cancer is by far the most common cancer among Swedish men. Some patients have an aggressive lethal disease, but the majority of affected men have long expected survival. Unfortunately, the diagnostic tools available are insufficient in predicting disease aggressiveness. Novel prognostic markers are therefore urgently needed. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Maria Olofsson, Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Box 94, S-221 00 Lund, Sweden
Sammanfattning : This thesis describes early inflammatory responses involving interactions between leukocytes and the endothelial lining of the blood vessel wall. An adhesion molecule, E-selectin, which is upregulated on interleukin-1 activated endothelium, was found to mediate rolling between leukocytes and endothelial cells in vivo. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Kirurgisk och perioperativ vetenskap
Sammanfattning : Background. Angiogenesis is essential for tumour growth. Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and its isoforms were investigated in relation to the clinical course in a large number of patients with renal cell carcinoma (RCC).Methods. LÄS MER