Sökning: "pharyngeal pressure"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 12 avhandlingar innehållade orden pharyngeal pressure.
1. Assessment of increased upper airway resistance in snorers. Methodological and diagnostic considerationsDetta är en avhandling från Otorhinolaryngology (Lund)
Sammanfattning : Sleep-related partial upper airway obstruction may cause increased morbidity and mortality, but diagnosis and treatment of patients is varying and inconsistent. The present studies were aimed to evaluate presently applied indirect methods for assessing respiratory ventilation and to investigate the value and accuracy in estimating upper airway resistance during sleep by measuring intrathoracic pressure variation with a microchip catheter in the esophagus. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Dept of Clinical Science, Intervention and Technology
Sammanfattning : Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome (OSAS) occurs frequently among adults and children. The first-line treatments in adults are continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) or mandibular retaining devices (MRDs), but the long-term efficacy is only around 60%. LÄS MER
3. Therapeutic aspects of oral and pharyngeal swallowing dysfunction. Videoradiographic and videomanometric analyses of adult healthy volunteers and dysphagic patientsDetta är en avhandling från M Bülow, Dept of Diagn Radiology, Malmö University Hospital, SE-205 02 Malmö, Sweden
Sammanfattning : In this study simultaneous videoradiography and intraluminal manometry (videomanometry) have been used in combination in three studies to analyze how different therapeutic strategies affect the physiology of swallowing in healthy volunteers and in patients with pharyngeal dysfunction. Analyses of healthy volunteers showed few significant measurable effects on the pharyngeal swallow. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Department of Rheumatology, Lund University
Sammanfattning : The aims of this work were to evaluate objective and subjective signs of autonomic dysfunction (AD) in patients with primary Sjögren’s syndrome (pSS) and to evaluate its clinical associations. In study I, 46 pSS patients and 56/80/238 autonomic nervous function test (ANT) controls participated. LÄS MER
5. Patient safety in the Intensive Care Unit With special reference to Airway management and Nursing proceduresDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The overall aim of the present thesis was to study aspects of patient safety in critically ill patients with special focus on airway management, respiratory complications and nursing procedures. Study I describes a method called pharyngeal oxygen administration during intubation in an experimental acute lung injury model. LÄS MER