Sökning: "Clinical physics"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 307 avhandlingar innehållade orden Clinical physics.
1. Irradiation of members of the general public from radioactive caesium following the Chernobyl reactor accident. Field studies in a highly contaminated area in the Bryansk region, RussiaDetta är en avhandling från Department of Radiation Physics, Lund university
Sammanfattning : From 1990 to 1998, estimations of the effective dose from external as well as internal irradiation from 137Cs and 134Cs were carried out for inhabitants in rural villages in the Bryansk region, Russia, highly contaminated due to the Chernobyl accident in 1986. The villages were situated about 180 km from the Chernobyl power plant and the deposition of 137Cs was in the range 0. LÄS MER
2. MRI evaluation and image processing in gel dosimetry. A study of selected MRI properties and image processing in 3D gel dosimetryDetta är en avhandling från Department of Radiation Physics, Lund university
Sammanfattning : Gel dosimetry is a new dosimetry method applied in radiation therapy. Gel dosimeters consist of a radiation sensitive gel, which can integrate absorbed doses from several radiation sources or beams. The dose to the gel can be evaluated by magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), a procedure that is the focus of the present thesis. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Department of Radiation Physics, Lund university
Sammanfattning : Although modern external beam radiation (EBRT) therapy has the ability to conform the dose tightly around the volume to be treated, unwanted irradiation to surrounding normal tissue is still a problem. The probability of a side effect arising in normal tissue after EBRT is commonly modelled by an s-shaped dose-volume response curve where dose or volume are plotted against response (i. LÄS MER
4. The matter of white matter in Alzheimer's disease. -On white matter disease from neuropathology and neuroimaging to clinical presentationDetta är en avhandling från Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Alzheimer's disease (AD) is the most prevalent type of dementing disorder. The cortical pathology of AD has been recognized for almost a century. In later years, an associated pathological feature of AD has been identified which affects the white matter. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Department of Cardiology, Clinical sciences, Lund University
Sammanfattning : The importance of studying cardiovascular disease before the process leads to hard end-points has been recognised, and methods to quantify early atherosclerosis have been taken in use in many research centres around the world. An ultrasound method with a computer assisted image analysing system was developed in co-operation with the Wallenberg Laboratory for Cardiovascular Research and Chalmers University of Technology in Gothenburg, Sweden. LÄS MER