Sökning: "upper airway obstruction"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 13 avhandlingar innehållade orden upper airway obstruction.
1. Assessment of increased upper airway resistance in snorers. Methodological and diagnostic considerationsDetta är en avhandling från Otorhinolaryngology (Lund)
Sammanfattning : Sleep-related partial upper airway obstruction may cause increased morbidity and mortality, but diagnosis and treatment of patients is varying and inconsistent. The present studies were aimed to evaluate presently applied indirect methods for assessing respiratory ventilation and to investigate the value and accuracy in estimating upper airway resistance during sleep by measuring intrathoracic pressure variation with a microchip catheter in the esophagus. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Department of Surgical Science
Sammanfattning : Anesthesia related complications occur most frequently in the immediate postoperative period. The three most common conditions associated with such events are ventilatory failure, airway obstruction and aspiration. The pharynx is essential for respiration and protection of the upper airway. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Dept of Physiology and Pharmacology
Sammanfattning : Anesthesia-related airway complications are associated with hypoxia due to inability to secure or maintain the airway with subsequent insufficient ventilation and gas exchange. This thesis has explored the impact on airway integrity and respiratory regulation of two anesthetic compounds frequently used for sedation and a novel principle for oxygenation in patients at risk of hypoxia, in order to further improve patient safety during sedation and induction of anesthesia. LÄS MER
4. Evaluation of medical and/or surgical treatment of anosmia/hyposmia in association with inflammatory disease of the upper airwayDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Occupational Therapy and Elderly Care Research (NEUROTEC)
Sammanfattning : Background: There is a lack of evidence-based, prospective studies in treatment of nasal polyposis. The correlations between symptoms, polyp scores and computed tomography (CT) scans have not been studied sufficiently. Little, if any, sense of smell is common in nasal inflammatory disease. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Göteborgs universitet
Sammanfattning : Tonsil surgery is one of the most common surgical procedures in the world, with about 13,500 operations performed annually in Sweden. Sleep-disordered breathing in children and infection-related problems are the two most common indications. LÄS MER