Sökning: "ethnic relations"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 152 avhandlingar innehållade orden ethnic relations.
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Intergroup relations are characterised by favourable and unfavourable biases. Towards one’s own group these biases are mostly favourable – ingroup favouritism. Research has, however, shown that outgroup favouritism, that is, the preference for a group to which the person does not belong, also permeates intergroup relations. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Acta Universitatis Stockholmiensis
Sammanfattning : This thesis concerns the differences in how ethinic groups co-exist in two different environments in the same country, with a focus on the ethno-political. My research questions are: Why are ethnic or interpersonal relations characterized differently in different regions? How and why do conflicts or agreements arise in specific environments? The aim is to understand the connection between inter-ethnic relations and environmentally specific factors. LÄS MER
3. Borders and Belonging : Nation-Building in Georgia's Armenian and Azerbaijani Ethno-Regions, 2004–2012Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Department of Government, Uppsala University
Sammanfattning : Since the fall of the Soviet Union, scholars researching ethnic politics have approached the South Caucasus as a testing ground for theories of separatism and conflict. But the 2003 Rose Revolution brought a new generation of politicians to power in Georgia. LÄS MER
4. Managing Migrant Workers moral economies of temporary labour in the Swedish IT and wild berry industriesDetta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköping University Electronic Press
Sammanfattning : Temporary migrant workers and circular migration constitute a growing global phenomenon as the management of migration becomes increasingly important to policymakers. This thesis takes academic discussions on citizenship and migration as its starting point, and examines the role of employers in terms of defining temporary migrant workers and their role in the Swedish labour market. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Malmö högskola
Sammanfattning : This dissertatian i concerned with the ways in which caregivers within elderly care reason and respond to questions concerning ethnicity. The research is based on a discursive analysis of a focus group study; interwiews with caregivers; and participant observation from fieldwork within one elderly care team. LÄS MER