Sökning: "drug discovery and development"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 128 avhandlingar innehållade orden drug discovery and development.
1. Fragment-based drug discovery : Novel methods and strategies for identifying and evolving fragment leads
Sammanfattning : The need for new drugs became ever more apparent in the year 2020 when the world was faced with a viral pandemic. How drugs are discovered and their relevance to society became part of daily discussions in workplaces and homes throughout the world. Consequently, efficient strategies for preclinical drug discovery are clearly needed. LÄS MER
2. Protease Activity, Inhibition and Ligand Interaction Analysis : Developments and Applications for Drug Discovery
Sammanfattning : The present study has focused on characterising protease-ligand interactions in the context of drug discovery. The proteases that have been studied are human matrix metallopeptidase 12 (MMP-12), HIV-protease and Hepatitis C virus (HCV) NS3/NS4A protease. LÄS MER
3. Drug discovery against leishmaniasis : Bio- and chemoinformatic guided strategies for target evaluation and hit identification
Sammanfattning : Leishmaniasis is a neglected tropical disease mainly affecting poor people in developing countries. It is caused by infections of flagellated protozoa belonging to genus Leishmania. The few available drugs are associated with problems such as low effectiveness, severe side effects and resistance development. LÄS MER
4. Interaction Characteristics of Viral Protease Targets and Inhibitors : Perspectives for drug discovery and development of model systems
Sammanfattning : Viral proteases are important targets for anti-viral drugs. Discovery of protease inhibitors as anti-viral drugs is aided by an understanding of the interactions between viral protease and inhibitors. This thesis addresses the characterization of protease-inhibitor interactions for application to drug discovery and model system development. LÄS MER
5. Kinetic studies of NS3 and NS5B from Hepatitis C virus : Implications and applications for drug discovery
Sammanfattning : The aim of these studies was to increase our understanding of the non-structural proteins 3 and 5B (NS3 and NS5B) from the hepatitis C virus (HCV), and thereby contribute to the development of new and better drugs against HCV.By studying NS3 with substitutions identified to be associated with resistance to NS3 inhibitors in clinical trials (R155Q, A156T and D168V) it was found that not all inhibitors were affected, indicating that cross-resistance can be avoided. LÄS MER