Sökning: "perceptual salience"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 7 avhandlingar innehållade orden perceptual salience.
1. Perceptual reorganization of vowels Separating the linguistic and acoustic parts of the mismatch responseDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Linguistics, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : During the first year of life, infants go from perceiving speech sounds primarily based on their acoustic characteristics, to perceiving speech sounds as belonging to speech sound categories relevant in their native language(s). The transition is apparent in that very young infants typically discriminate both native and non-native speech sound contrasts, whereas older infants show better discrimination for native contrasts and worse or no discrimination for non-native contrasts. LÄS MER
2. Phonological Adoption through Bilingual Borrowing Comparing Elite Bilinguals and Heritage BilingualsDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Swedish Language and Multilingualism, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : In the phonological integration of loanwords, the original structures of the donor language can either be adopted as innovations or adapted to the recipient language. This dissertation investigates how structural (i.e. phonetic, phonological, morpho-phonological) and non-structural (i. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Institutionen för lingvistik
Sammanfattning : This thesis presents four experimental studies, carried out at the Phonetic laboratory, Stockholm University, on infants’ ability to establish auditory-visual sound-meaning associations as a precursor of early word acquisition. Study I reports on the effect of linguistic variance on infants’ ability (3- to 20-months) to establish sound-meaning associations. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Linguistics, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : This thesis studies the characteristics of the acoustic signal in speech, especially in speech directed to infants and in infant vocal development, to gain insight on essential aspects of speech processing, speech production and communicative interaction in early language acquisition. Three sets of experimental studies are presented in this thesis. LÄS MER
5. Self-motion and Presence in the Perceptual Optimization of a Multisensory Virtual Reality EnvironmentDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Linguistics, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : Determining the perceptually optimal resolution of multisensory renderingmight help to foster the development of cost-effective, highly immersivemulti-modal displays for mediated environments (e.g. virtual and augmentedreality). LÄS MER