Sökning: "environmental gradient"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 156 avhandlingar innehållade orden environmental gradient.
1. Biomarkers in perch (Perca fluviatilis) used in environmental monitoring of the Stockholm recipient and background areas in the Baltic SeaDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Institutionen för tillämpad miljövetenskap (ITM)
Sammanfattning : This thesis reports the results of biomarker measurements in three environmental monitoring projects. In the first project, which was part of the Swedish national environmental monitoring, biomarkers were measured annually in female perch (Perca fluviatilis) in two background areas in the Baltic Sea during 1988–2000, resulting in a unique 13-year series of measurements. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Huddinge : Södertörns högskola
Sammanfattning : Through complex metabolic interactions aquatic microbial life is essential as a driver of ecosystem functions and hence a prerequisite for sustaining plant and animal life in the sea and on Earth. Despite its ecological importance, information on the complexity of microbial functions and how these are related to environmental conditions is limited. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Lund University, Faculty of Science, Centre for Environmental and Climate Research (CEC)
Sammanfattning : Soil salinization is a pressing agricultural problem in many areas of the world, particularly in areas heavily reliant on irrigation agriculture. While the negative effects of salinity on crop plants have been widely studied, its effects on soil microorganisms have received less attention, and the impact of soil salinity on both microbial community structure and functioning is not well understood. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Lund University, Faculty of Science, Centre for Environmental and Climate Research (CEC) & Department of Geology
Sammanfattning : Ocean acidification, mainly attributed to the increasing anthropogenic CO2 in the atmosphere, is characterised by a lowering pH together with a shift in the sea water carbonate chemistry toward lower concentration of carbonate ions. On the coasts, where the environmental variability is high due to natural and human impacts, ocean acidification mainly affects the frequency, magnitude, and duration of lower pH and lower calcium carbonate saturation events. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Kemi
Sammanfattning : Polychlorinated dibenzo-p-dioxins (PCDDs) and dibenzofurans (PCDFs), and dioxin-like polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) have been assigned toxic equivalency factors (TEFs). These compounds are today routinely analysed with sophisticated analytical techniques. LÄS MER