Sökning: "iron supplementation"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 25 avhandlingar innehållade orden iron supplementation.
1. Effects of iron supplementation on iron status, health and neurological development in marginally low birth weight infantsDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå Universitet
Sammanfattning : Background Due to small iron stores and rapid growth during the first months of life, infants with low birth weight (LBW) are at risk of iron deficiency (ID). ID in infancy is associated with irreversible impaired neurodevelopment. LÄS MER
2. Clinical impact of epoetins in the treatment of anemia with special emphasis on patients with lymphoid malignancies. dosing, iron supplementation and safetyDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Strålningsvetenskaper
Sammanfattning : The aim of this thesis was to determine the relevant dose of arbepoetin-alfa (DA) in patients with lymphoproliferative diseases (LPD) and chemotherapy induced anemia (CIA), to study the clinical impact of intravenous (IV) iron supplementation combined with epoetin beta treatment, to identify factors that might predict hemoglobin (Hb) response to treatment with epoetins and to investigate safety of DA.A dose-finding phase II study was able to assess a reasonable DA dose of 2. LÄS MER
3. Anaemia and iron deficiency in children and women in Tanzania. Effects of dietary iron intake, low iron bioavailability and supplementation with multiple micronutrient beverageDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Strålningsvetenskaper
Sammanfattning : Anaemia was investigated in a rural Tanzanian community to determine its magnitude and causative factors in different population groups. Nutritional anaemia resulting mainly from a diet with a low bioavailability of iron affected more than half of the total number of women and children. LÄS MER
4. Anemia and iron deficiency in women : impact of iron supplementation during pregnancy in rural BangladeshDetta är en avhandling från Umeå University, Umeå
Sammanfattning : .... LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå university
Sammanfattning : Background: Iron and zinc are difficult to provide in sufficient amounts in complementary foods to infants world-wide, resulting in high prevalence of both iron and zinc deficiency. These deficiency states cause anemia, delayed neurodevelopment, impaired growth, and increased susceptibility to infections such as diarrhea and respiratory infections. LÄS MER