Sökning: "pregnant women"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 358 avhandlingar innehållade orden pregnant women.
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Belonging to an indigenous group in Mexico is usually associated with poor health, mainly as the result of social isolation from the mainstream society. The Tarahumara are no exception. They constitute the largest indigenous group in northern Mexico and one of the most marginalized ethnic minorities in North America. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå universitet
Sammanfattning : AbstractBackground There is a great need for improved dietary assessment methods that give valid intake data and are more user friendly than traditional methods.Objectives The aim of this thesis was to develop, implement, and evaluate dietary assessment methods using new approaches and technologies in young populations, and to investigate variables that are important for reporting accuracy. LÄS MER
3. Gestational diabetes mellitus experiences of pregnant women, midwives, and obstetricians and the performance of screeningDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå university
Sammanfattning : In Sweden, there is currently no consensus addressing the screening, diagnostics and treatment of gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM). In addition, there is little knowledge on the impact of GDM on the daily life of pregnant women and the experiences of health care professionals providing maternal health care to women with GDM. LÄS MER
4. Anxious personality traits in pregnant women Associations with postpartum depression, delivery complications and health care useDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Anxious personality traits, including those encompassed by negative emotionality (neuroticism) and the tendency to worry about close relationships (attachment anxiety) during pregnancy were the focus of this thesis. The overall aim was to examine perinatal correlates of these characteris-tics in terms of psychiatric and obstetric health as well as antenatal care (ANC). LÄS MER
5. Perinatal Energy Substrate Metabolism Glucose Production and Lipolysis in Pregnant Women and Newborn Infants with Particular Reference to Intrauterine Growth Restriction (IUGR)Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Glucose is the most important fetal nutrient and the production of this substrate increases in the pregnant woman. In the last trimester the increased insulin resistance directs energy substrates to the fetus. Fetal growth is sometimes disturbed, often without an obvious explanation. LÄS MER