Sökning: "injury mechanism"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 184 avhandlingar innehållade orden injury mechanism.
1. Stochastic finite element simulations of real life frontal crashes With emphasis on chest injury mechanisms in near-side oblique loading conditionsDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå University
Sammanfattning : Introduction. Road traffic injuries are the eighth leading cause of death globally and the leading cause of death among young people aged 15-29. Of individuals killed or injured in road traffic injuries, a large group comprises occupants sustaining a thorax injury in frontal crashes. The elderly are particularly at risk, as they are more fragile. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Sara Moses, Lund University, Dept. Cell and Molecular Biology, BMC C12, 221 84 Lund
Sammanfattning : The vascular wall is an active, elastic and integrated organ made up of cellular and extracellular matrix (ECM) components. It is not a static organ; the components dynamically change and reorganize in response to physiological and pathological stimuli. Vascular injury induces a complex healing process, analogous to generalised wound healing. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Department of Surgery, Clinical Sciences Lund, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Intestinal ischemia and reperfusion (I/R) is a potentially life-threatening condition, sometimes leading to a systemic inflammatory response and the potential development of the multiple organ dysfunction syndrome. The overall aim of the thesis was to study the effects of intestinal I/R on pulmonary function with special emphasis on removal of excess alveolar fluid, pulmonary endothelial barrier permeability, leukocyte accumulation and function, and possible therapeutic strategies to prevent the development of pulmonary injury following intestinal I/R. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Exp. Kardiovask. Forsk., Wallenberg Lab. Ingång 46 Plan 1 UMAS 205 02 Malmö
Sammanfattning : Atherosclerosis as a disease is postulated to stem from a response to injury of the arterial wall by various stimuli. The inflammatory response is proposed to mediate intimal formation after injury. One pathway of cellular response to injury is through transcription factor NF-kB. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery
Sammanfattning : Teamgym is a fairly new and popular form of gymnastics originating in Scandinavia. Among the gymnastics disciplines teamgym attracts the highest number of gymnasts in Sweden. The discipline differs in several ways from the most known form of gymnastics, artistic gymnastics. LÄS MER