Sökning: "Clinical biology"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 794 avhandlingar innehållade orden Clinical biology.
- Detta är en avhandling från ; Department of Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences
Sammanfattning : Sepsis is a syndrome with high morbidity, mortality and astronomical health care costs and it is challenging to diagnose both in humans and animals due to the lack of suitable diagnostic biomarkers. Although several types of proteins have been suggested as diagnostic biomarkers of sepsis, none of them were shown to be reliable for routine use in the clinical practice. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Växjö, Kalmar : Linnaeus Univeristy Press
Sammanfattning : A balanced tear film is essential for a healthy ocular surface. Insufficient tear production may result in dry eye, a common disorder in the elderly population. Dry eye causes significant discomfort in the patients and may lead to visual impairment and ocular infections. LÄS MER
3. Two Types of Fibrils in ATTR Amyloidosis Implications for Clinical Phenotype and Treatment OutcomeDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Systemic amyloidoses are a group of lethal diseases where proteins aggregate into fibrillar structures, called amyloid fibrils, that deposits throughout the body. Transthyretin (TTR) causes one type of amyloidosis, in which the aggregates mainly infiltrate nervous and cardiac tissue. LÄS MER
4. High-throughput screening using multicellular tumor spheroids to reveal and exploit tumor-specific vulnerabilitiesDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : High-throughput drug screening (HTS) in live cells is often a vital part of the preclinical anticancer drug discovery process. So far, two-dimensional (2D) monolayer cell cultures have been the most prevalent model in HTS endeavors. However, 2D cell cultures often fail to recapitulate the complex microenvironments of in vivo tumors. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköping University Electronic Press
Sammanfattning : Breast cancer is the most common form of cancer in women worldwide and the second leading cause of cancer death. It is a heterogeneous disease and is subdivided into different subtypes, all with different treatment responses and survival outcomes. LÄS MER