Sökning: "compatible solutes"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 7 avhandlingar innehållade orden compatible solutes.
1. Abiotic Stress Tolerance. Metabolic and Physiological Effects of Compatible Solutes and Calmodulin on E. coli and TobaccoDetta är en avhandling från Jenny Lindberg Yilmaz, Pure and Applied Biochemistry, Lund University
Sammanfattning : In their natural habitats, bacteria and plants can be exposed to abiotic stresses such as drought, high salt concentrations and freezing, which are factors limiting their capacity for growth and proliferation. To withstand environmental stresses, they have evolved specific stress responses. LÄS MER
2. Genetically Engineered Plants: Improved stress tolerance, growth and facilitated protein purificationDetta är en avhandling från Pure and Applied Biochemistry, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Heterologous genes were expressed in plants in which the overall goal was to increase the value of the final crop. Various aspects were explored and evaluated, such as improving the stress tolerance, enhancing the availability of oxygen in growing cells and producing rare proteins with increased degrees of purity. LÄS MER
3. Production of Ectoines and Poly(3-Hydroxybutyrate): High Cell-Density Cultivation of Halomonas BoliviensisDetta är en avhandling från Department of Biotechnology, Lund University
Sammanfattning : This thesis reports a study involving the use of Halomonas boliviensis, a moderate halophile, for production of biopolyester poly(3-hydroxybutyrate) (PHB) and compatible solutes ectoine and hydroxyectoine through high cell-density cultivation comprising fed-batch cultures. PHB is a biodegradable plastic produced by bacteria as energy reserve and can potentially be used as a replacement of fossil based plastic. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Sundsvall : Mittuniversitetet
Sammanfattning : The intertidal brown alga Fucus vesiculosus L. is mainly a marine species (34 practical salinity units, psu), but the alga also grows in the sublittoral of the brackish Bothnian Sea (part of the Baltic Sea; 5 psu). LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Kemiska institutionen, Umeå Universitet
Sammanfattning : Biological processes in living organisms consist of a vast number of different molecular networks and interactions, which are complex and often hidden from our understanding. This work is focused on recovery of such details for two quite distant examples: acclimation to extreme freezing tolerance in Siberian spruce (Picea obovata) and detection of proteins associated with prostate cancer. LÄS MER