Sökning: "cell line"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 1243 avhandlingar innehållade orden cell line.
1. The receptor tyrosine kinase Met and the protein tyrosine phosphatase PTPN2 in breast cancer
Sammanfattning : Breast cancer is the most common form of cancer in women worldwide and the second leading cause of cancer death. It is a heterogeneous disease and is subdivided into different subtypes, all with different treatment responses and survival outcomes. LÄS MER
2. Aiway Mucins: experimental models for studies of secretions
Sammanfattning : Mucins are essential components of the mucosal barrier. The complexity of the airway mucosal barrier is reflected in the lack of specific treatments to block mucin hypersecretion associated with several respiratory diseases such as chronic bronchitis, asthma and cystic fibrosis. LÄS MER
3. The diverse functions of the ADAR enzymes : Editing and editing-independent effects on gene expression
Sammanfattning : The adenosine deaminase acting on RNA (ADAR) family of enzymes consists of three members (ADAR1-3). These enzymes are responsible for the deamination of adenosine into inosine in double-stranded RNA, one of the most common RNA modifications in mammals. LÄS MER
4. Label-free processing of stem cell preparations by acoustophoresis
Sammanfattning : The first bone marrow transplant in a human was performed in 1959, providing evidence that cells can be used for transplantation and treatment, revealing that healing capacities lie within the human body that ought to be understood. Since then hematopoietic stem cell transplantation has developed as a standard treatment for many cancers besides other malignancies. LÄS MER
5. Signal transduction pathways leading to apoptosis or necrosis in insulin-producing cells and prevention of cell death using gene transfer
Sammanfattning : Signal transduction pathways potentially involved in destruction of insulin-producing β-cells in type-l diabetes and gene transfer to prevent β-cell death were studied in vitro. Adenovirus-polylysine/DNA complexes (AdpL) or polycationic liposomes mediated high reporter gene expression in dissociated primary human, fetal porcine, rat and mouse islet cells whereas gene transfer to intact islets was less efficient. LÄS MER