Sökning: "heavy metal"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 199 avhandlingar innehållade orden heavy metal.
1. Metal Affinity Peptides in Biotechnological Applications As tools in protein purification, protein stabilisation, metal quantification and metal tolerance of bacteria and plants
Sammanfattning : Metal affinity tags have been fused to proteins and demonstrated to function as tools in protein purification, protein stabilisation, quantitative metal analysis and metal tolerance of bacteria and plants. In biotechnological applications proteins frequently have to function in nonnatural environments with harsh conditions which impose requirements for high stability on the proteins. LÄS MER
2. Heavy Metal Superantigen : Genetic Regulation of Lymphocyte Activation by HgC12
Sammanfattning : Injections of subtoxic doses of HgCl2 (mercuric chloride) cause a systemic autoimmune disease in genetically predisposed rats and mice. My work was designed to elucidate how HgCl2 induces lymphocyte activation and how the response to HgCl2 is regulated in susceptible and resistant strains. LÄS MER
3. Microbial Treatment of Heavy Metal Leachates
Sammanfattning : Ore-mining, metallurgy and other industrial activities represent the source of heavy metal and radionuclide contamination in terrestrial and aquatic environments. Physico-chemical processes are employed for heavy metal removal from industrial wastewater. LÄS MER
4. Structuring empirical knowledge on environmental issues : urban heavy metal metabolism
Sammanfattning : During the last century, there has been a large import of heavy metals to urban areas. Only a small fraction, about 10%, has reached the biosphere, the rest is still residing in various goods such as cables, construction materials, technical equipment and batteries, which are still in use or abandoned in infrastructure, buildings, households, enterprises and vehicles. LÄS MER
5. Heavy metal contamination and toxicity : Studies of Macroalgae from the Tanzanian Coast
Sammanfattning : Concentrations of various metals are elevated above background levels in several intertidal areas along the Tanzanian coasts. However, there is little available information concerning the toxicity of these metals and how the uptake of these metals by bioindicators are influenced by external factors, such as heavy rains and increased coastal eutrophication, which tend to fluctuate. LÄS MER