Sökning: "prefrontal cortex"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 113 avhandlingar innehållade orden prefrontal cortex.
1. The prefrontal cortex and information processing : nitric oxide signaling studied in an animal model of schizophrenia
Sammanfattning : The prefrontal cortex has been extensively linked to several cognitive domains that are severely compromised in schizophrenia. It has therefore become a key region for studies on the disabling cognitive dysfunction commonly observed in patients with schizophrenia. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Department of Clinical Neuroscience
Sammanfattning : This thesis consisting of five papers examines the relationship between haemodynamicactivation in the prefrontal cortex with episodicmemoryfunction in the healthy human brain. Brain function is measured with positron emission tomography (PET) and functional magnetic resonance imaging (FMRI) and episodic memory for words as well as visuo-spatial material is examined. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Department of Psychology, Lund University
Sammanfattning : The general aim of this thesis was to study asymmetric activation of the neocortex in normal subjects, using the rCBF technique and different cognitive tasks. The aim was also to study individual and group variations of asymmetric activation, as well as factors pertaining to these variations. The thesis is based on four investigations. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå university
Sammanfattning : Remembering previously experienced events can happen as a result of an effortful retrieval attempt. At other occasions, a memory can enter our minds without any apparent effort – or, indeed, intention - to retrieve. LÄS MER
5. Mind really does matter The Neurobiology of Placebo-induced Anxiety Relief in Social Anxiety DisorderDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The placebo effect, a beneficial effect attributable to a treatment containing no specific properties for the condition being treated, has been demonstrated in a variety of medical conditions. This thesis includes four studies aimed at increasing our knowledge on the neurobiology of placebo. LÄS MER