Sökning: "descriptive representation"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 31 avhandlingar innehållade orden descriptive representation.
1. Women’s Discursive Representation Women as Political Representatives, Mothers, and Victims of Men’s Violence in the Mexican ParliamentDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Political Science, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : This thesis examines how Mexican women political representatives are constituted through parliamentary language in the national Chamber of Deputies during a time when compulsory electoral gender quotas are introduced. Women’s political representation has increased considerably worldwide, due to gender quotas or laws requiring guaranteed seats for women. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Statsvetenskap
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this dissertation is to map and analyze the spatial and temporal variation in women’s political representation at both the national and local level. In the dissertation it is argued that women’s political representation is the outcome of the interplay between structures, institutions and actors. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Romanska institutionen, Lunds universitet
Sammanfattning : This thesis deals with some aspects of description in Julien Gracq’s fiction. These aspects are selected as a result of a double investigation. Firstly, the theory of description as it has taken form with the contributions of Barthes, Genette, Ricardou, Bal, Riffaterre, Hamon, Weinrich, Adam and Petitjean, Reuter, Molino, Brassart is presented. LÄS MER
4. Threatening and Appropriate Bodies in Nation Building: Paths to the World’s 1st Female Parliamentary Majority in Post-Genocide RwandaDetta är en avhandling från Romanska institutionen, Lunds universitet
Sammanfattning : While Rwanda first attracted the world’s attention for the genocide that took place in 1994, 16 years later the country is capturing interest because it now has the highest number of women in its parliament than in any other country in the world. After the first post-genocide legislative elections, in 2003, about 49% of elected legislators in the lower house of Parliament were women. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Sammanfattning : This thesis, within the subfield of computer science known as computer vision, deals with the use of scale-space analysis in early low-level processing of visual information. The main contributions comprise the following five subjects:The formulation of a scale-space theory for discrete signals. LÄS MER