Sökning: "Rural electrification"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 23 avhandlingar innehållade orden Rural electrification.
- Detta är en avhandling från Water Resources Engineering, Lund University
Sammanfattning : The UN Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 7 states that access to affordable, reliable, sustainable, and modern energy should be provided for all by 2030. The effects on socioeconomic development by access to safe, affordable, and clean electricity stands out as educational benefits, income improvement, and health progress. LÄS MER
2. And Then They Lived Sustainably Ever After? Experiences from Rural Electrification in Tanzania, Zambia and KenyaDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : KTH
Sammanfattning : Accelerating the introduction of basic, clean energy services is seen as a key strategy for promoting sustainable development in rural areas. Still, many people worldwide lack access to modern energy such as electricity, and Africa lags behind other developing regions of the world. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Sammanfattning : The importance of access to modern energy has been well understood by governments and donor agencies in many developing countries, and significant effort has been made in recent years to address energy access challenges. However, despite these efforts, the International Energy Agency (IEA) has predicted that the energy access problem will remain unresolved by 2030. LÄS MER
4. Sustainability and development impacts of off-grid electrification in developing countries An assessment of South Africa's rural electrification programDetta är en avhandling från Västerås : Mälardalen University
Sammanfattning : Previous studies have shown that provision of sustainable electricity supply to rural households is essential to bring development to off-grid populations. For this reason, most developing countries put large efforts into rural electrification programs to stimulate development and reduce poverty. LÄS MER
5. Solar energy for a brighter life. A case study of rural electrification through solar photovoltaic technology in the Eastern Province, ZambiaDetta är en avhandling från Göteborg : Göteborg University
Sammanfattning : Electricity is taken for granted in many parts of the world. In Sub-Saharan Africa, typically less than 5% of the rural population have access to this energy source. Even though electricity in itself does not lead to development, it can support a development process. LÄS MER