Sökning: "Energy- and Environmental Engineering"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 1097 avhandlingar innehållade orden Energy- and Environmental Engineering.
1. Distributed thermal response tests New insights on U-pipe and Coaxial heat exchangers in groundwater-filled boreholes
Sammanfattning : U-pipe Borehole Heat Exchangers (BHE) are widely used today in ground source heating and cooling systems in spite of their less than optimal performance. This thesis provides a better understanding on the function of U-pipe BHEs and Investigates alternative methods to reduce the temperature difference between the circulating fluid and the borehole wall, including one thermosyphon and three different types of coaxial BHEs. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : On March 13th, 2006, the Division of Electricity at Uppsala University deployed its first wave energy converter, L1, in the ocean southwest of Lysekil. L1 consisted of a buoy at the surface, connected through a line to a linear generator on the seabed. LÄS MER
3. Resource and Environmental Impacts of Resource-Efficiency Measures Applied to Electronic ProductsDetta är en avhandling från Gothenburg : Chalmers tekniska högskola
Sammanfattning : Natural resources such as ecosystems, land, water and metals underpin the functioning of economies and human well-being, and are becoming increasingly scarce due to growth in population and affluence. Metals are increasingly demanded for their specific properties as modern technology develops. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Gothenburg : Chalmers tekniska högskola
Sammanfattning : The main objective of this thesis is to investigate two different concepts for CO2 mitigation, from a system perspective, in relation to the oil refining industry: CO2 capture and storage; and algae-based biofuels. For all these processes, process integration with an oil refinery is assumed. LÄS MER
5. Chemistry and Process Design of Integrated Removal of Nitrogen and Sulfur oxides in Pressurized Flue Gas SystemsDetta är en avhandling från Gothenburg : Chalmers tekniska högskola
Sammanfattning : Carbon capture and storage is vital to reach the climate goals to limit the increase in the global temperature. Among the carbon capture technologies, oxy-fuel and chemical looping combustion produce a stream mainly containing carbon dioxide (CO2) and water but also contaminants such as nitrogen oxides (NOx) and sulfur oxides (SOx). LÄS MER