Sökning: "MEDICINE Surgery Oncology"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 180 avhandlingar innehållade orden MEDICINE Surgery Oncology.
1. Long-term outcome research on PDR brachytherapy with focus on breast, base of tongue and lip cancerDetta är en avhandling från Örebro : Örebro universitet
Sammanfattning : Brachytherapy (BT) with continuous low dose rate (LDR) has been used for 100 years and is considered as the radiotherapy method able to deliver a dose in the shortest time with high efficacy and low risk of side effects. The drawbacks are need for patient isolation and radiation exposure of the staff during the treatment. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå Universitet
Sammanfattning : Platinum based chemotherapy is widely used to treat cancer. Cisplatin (diamminedichloroplatinum) combination treatments provide cure for metastatic testicular cancer and prolong survival for patients suffering from ovarian, head and neck, bladder and non small cell lung cancer. LÄS MER
3. Predictors of Lymph Node Metastasis in Primary Breast Cancer - Risk Models for Tailored Axillary ManagementDetta är en avhandling från Lund University: Faculty of Medicine
Sammanfattning : Most patients with breast cancer present with low-risk tumors, node-negative disease, and excellent prognosis. For these patients, routine axillary nodal staging by sentinel lymph node biopsy (SLNB) has no therapeutic benefit. For patients with limited sentinel lymph node metastasis, completion axillary nodal dissection is controversial. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Lund University: Faculty of Medicine
Sammanfattning : Background: Pancreatic cancer is the third leading cause of cancer-related mortality. Lack of early detection strategies and therapeutic resistance are main contributors to the poor prognosis. Unfortunately, there are no tissue biomarkers available for the prognosis of pancreatic cancer in routine clinical use. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The clinical course of chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) is highly heterogeneous, which has prompted the search for biomarkers that can predict prognosis in this disease. The IGHV gene mutation status and certain genomic aberrations have been identified as reliable prognostic markers of clinical outcome for this disorder. LÄS MER